Sunday, February 15, 2015

Harry Potter Week of Projects, The Cauldron



This was one of my favorite projects to do.  I did not have particularly high hopes for how it would turn out.  This may have been because I have not used paper-mâché since I was in fourth grade to do a project where I created the solar system.  But paper-mache is pretty awesome.  You can really create something out of nothing.  Using a balloon and part of an egg carton for the shape, just some paper and modge podge to cover the balloon and egg carton to get the basics of the project.  Put some additional layers on to give it more structure.  Let it dry then pop the balloon.  after that you need to put a rim on it with some additional paper and modge podge.  After that dries it is ready for some paint.  Once the paint dries you have an awesome cauldron that is sturdy enough to use for candy or treats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment