Monday, February 9, 2015

Doctor Who build your own Sonic Screwdriver with polymer clay


Watch the video here


This project was the first time I had ever used polymer clay so it was an adventure.  I was not particularly worried about using clay since I had taken ceramics classes in high school and college.  But I never was much for sculpting.  My was more throwing on the wheel, more then well anything else.  But it was nice to be working in the medium again.  This project can be done pretty quick if you are only doing one or two.  I used the whole bag of pens so I could have some to give out to my Whovian friends.  So for me this project took quite a while and I felt like I was running out of ideas on how to design my Sonic Screwdriver.  It was a lot of fun and I love how some of my pens Sonic Screwdrivers turned out.  Don't make my mistake, if you are going to pull out the entire front part rather than just the ink, make sure you mark it correctly on the pens so they don't all have awkward gaps.  Otherwise go crazy and make some super awesome sonic screwdrivers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment