Monday, February 9, 2015

Batman vinyl Wall Clock

Watch the video here


I really like how this project turned out.  Although that could just be because it took a lot of time and effort to accomplish.  The video on this one does not show all the work because somehow a huge chunk of the recording got deleted.  But basically it is just constantly putting the vinyl in the oven for 10 to 20 seconds to get hot but not too hot that it warps.  Cut what you can until it hardens too much, then start again.  A short while after having done this clock I did some research on the complex vinyl cut outs I have seen all over the internet and pinterest.  I guess they use a hot knife which would make this project super easy.  If you are only going to do this once then go ahead and stick with the oven and scissors method.  But if you are super in the vinyl cut out look then it might be a good idea to invest in a hot knife.  I just looked it up and it seems like a hot knife is only about 15-20 dollars so might be a good investment for even one project.  If anyone has used one before send me some recommendations for a good one that is reasonable priced.

No comments:

Post a Comment